Famitsu reported that the sequel of Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena will be called Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold. Three new characters are revealed for now but the first trailer (at the end) suggests that we will see more.
The second location test will begin tomorrow from September 27 to 29. The game will be released in the arcades in early Winter 2013.
Shoubu Ron: Umehara no Ryuugi or Match Theory: Umehara Style is Daigo Umehara's second book that will come after Willpower to Keep Winning. It will again be published by Shougakukan. The 256-page book will be released on October 1.
From the book description, the contents will focus on the philosophy of competition. It will go deeper into the subject than the first book.
Note that while Willpower to Keep Winning appears to tell story of a person, this book looks more like a work of a famous person.
TOPANGA League A
- Will be held in November
- Offline stage is first to 7, there will be deuce but first to 10 win (it won't go on forever)
- Can play up to 2 characters in offline stage.
- Online stage is still first to 3 (only 1 character)
Promotion/Relegation Play-off rules
- Can play up to 2 characters
- First to 10
0-2 *Mago's unsafe Rekka got punished hard by Ultra in 1R *Fuudo missed command grab but still won in 2R
Bon-chan (U2) 5-4 Ryan Hart (U2)
1-2 *close 2R *nice Ultra reaction in 3R from Hart
0-2 *nice Ultra reaction in 1R from Hart
2-0 *Bon won by timeout in 1R
0-2 *nice comeback in 2R by Hart
2-1 *very close 1R *nice combo in the end of 2R by Hart
2-0 *close 1R
0-2 *Both traded Ultra in 1R but Hart survived *nice Ultra reaction in 2R from Hart
2-1 *nice Ultra reaction in 1R from Bon *Hart won by timeout in 2R *nice comback from Bon in intense 3R
Kazunoko (U1) 3-5 Xian (U1)
2-0 *Kazu won by timeout in 1R
0-2 *nice Ultra reaction and big comeback in 1R *nice Ultra in 2R
2-1 *close 2R
1-2 *nice Ultra in 1R by Xian
1-2 *perfect in 2R by Kazu *big comeback in 3R by Xian (nice Ultra follow)
Kami-chan (Hilde) 3-1 Kayane (Viola)
3-2 *perfect in 1R by Kami-chan
Tokido (U2) 5-2 Justin Wong (U1)
0-2 *close 2R
2-0 *Tokido dropped Ultra but won by timeout in 1R
2-1 *Tokido dropped combo and lost 1R *perfect in 3R
Umehara (U1) 10-2 Infiltration (U1)
2-1 *nice 1R by Ume *nice MK>SRK in 3R
2-0 *Arigataya finish in 2R
2-1 *nice Ultra finish in 1R *intense 3R
1-2 *Ume missed his Super, cost him 3R
2-0 *nice Ultra finish in 2R
1-2 *Umecopter bait Raging Demon in 3R
2-1 *Ume missed Ultra, cost him 1R *nice Ultra finish in 3R
2-0 *Arigataya finish in 1R
2-1 *Infil missed, cost him 3R
2-1 *Ume got 2 RD'd in 1R *very close 3R (they tried to chip each other)
- Umehara failed for Okizeme only twice in the entire fight? (in 11th and 12th game)
- Umehara wasn't hesitated to spend Ultra early after LP SRK because he can get Ultra back if get Raging Demon'd?
- Ricky Ortiz mentioned that Umehara was using fireball in the range where FADC forward (Infiltration's signature move) is useless.
Interview after the match
- (Quote from GameSpot) "Ever since I became a pro, I've been to a lot of tournaments, but this exhibition match was the one match where I thought about 'how to win' the most," Umehara said, discussing the match after it was over. "I was thinking 'If I've come this far and still lose…, I'd have to throw away all of my past experience and start again from zero.'
- Umehara said he studied Infiltration's videos a lot.
- Infiltration still felt positive. He thanks the viewers and said sorry that he didn't perform well though he said he will next time.
- Mori from Arc System Works didn't come (was invited), Pachi came instead.
- The door opened 18:00 but the first match started on 20:12 (Mago vs. Fuudo)
- [19:30] There was some talk before the exhibition. Harada looked upset probably because they kept him waiting. (He also mentioned that the place is narrow and hot.) Maybe it's his usual dark humors. Beside that, he was funny and make Ayano and Pachi look extremely awkward with questions about private life. He gave away T-shirts, games, Idolmaster cards and file folder via 4Gamer. (Nothing worth except Idolmaster goods.)
- [20:08] The exhibition delayed because some players weren't there (they said Kayane and Ryan Hart). Then they had to change match order.
- [20:35] They had a problem with the microphone on the Japanese stream.
- [20:35] Zhi is on the mic, time to mute.
- [21:06] Ono appeared but Harada is gone. He asked Ayano to hint about 5th character in USF4. (Ono didn't even know) Ono asked if it's A (completely new) or B (not actually new). Ayano didn't want to answer so Ono said do you like letter A or B? Ayano said he "likes letter B."
- [21:49] Spooky and MarkMan on the mic, this's much better.
- [22:05] Oh no, it's back.
- Momochi, ChocoBlanka, Karipaku, Nekohashi, Umezono were there.
- The show is so popular it has more than 9,000 Timeshift'd.
- The show ended with 117,451 attendances (239,751 comments) on Japanese side, and 37,175 attendances (23,557 comments) on English side.
- 90% of viewers voted this show is extremely good on JP side.
Kengoro Nishide, the artist from Daigo Umehara manga "Umehara: To live is to game," has posted his illustration for poster to celebrate the release of the manga and for the upcoming MadCatz event during Tokyo Game Show 2013.
Stream link: Here
Date: September 23
Time: 14:00 JST
The online qualifier will have 2 rounds: 14:00 and 19:00. The winners of both rounds will earn the right to play in TOPANGA League B season 2. The runner-ups of both rounds will play each other for the last spot.
The rule allows players to apply for both rounds so some players may get a second chance.
TOPANGA founder and representative Nyanshi or Mr. Toyota announced tonight on TOPANGA TV (special episode) that the season 2 of TOPANGA League B will begin on September 27. The online league will have 16 players, only 13 players (coincidently 13 characters) were announced at this time.
The last three players will come from online qualifiers that will be held on September 23 and will be streamed by Niconico (most likely free).
Tokido (Akuma) *was relegated from losing the play-off after League A season 1
- Umehara came to promote his manga "Umehara: To Live is to game" and his new T-shirt.
- Umehara joked that if the manga gets a sequel then there will probably be a chapter dedicated to Bon-chan.
- When asked to talk about upcoming exhibition match against Infiltration, Umehara joked that the Korean viewers who know Japanese language probably send the tip to Infiltration so he didn't want to talk.
- Umehara said that you will see something new from him (in vs. Infiltration exhibition). However, he couldn't say with confidence that he'll win.
- Everyone was shocked when Umehara said (whisper) "Akuma .......is a weak character."
- Umehara said that there's still unexplored territory in Akuma matchup.
Dengeki reported that Pre-Tokyo Game Show 2013 MadCatz Unveiled will be held on September 20, near Kaihin-Makuhari Station. People who want to participate must apply by Email, there's no entrance fee. This event will also be streamed by Niconico.
Umehara vs. Infiltration (first-to-ten)
Ryan Hart vs. Bon-chan (first-to-five)
Xian vs. Kazunoko (first-to-five)
Mago vs. Fuudo (first-to-five)
Tokido vs. Justin Wong (first-to-five)
Kayane vs. Kamizono (first-to-three)
Toshimichi Mori from Arc System Works
Tomoaki Ayano from Capcom
Katsuhiro Harada from Bandai Namco
Masaaki Hoshino from Bandai Namco
Note that this's the first time you'll see these gamers and producers all in one place.
Tokyo Game Show 2013 will be held between September 19-22, the first two days is business day, the last two days is open to public.