- July 6
- Evolution Day 0 summary
- Event report from 4Gamer.net
- Vicious Hellsing (Jur) 0-2 Bon-chan (Sag)
- Laugh (Ryu) 2-0 Booth (Hon)
- Baybladex (Box/Gen) 0-2 Mr. SNK (Hon)
- blackskillz (DJ) 2-1 Lexy (Chun)
- Karasjet (DJ) 0-2 Tokido (Aku)
- Warahk (Gui) 0-2 Air (Ryu)
- sidthesquid (Hon) 0-2 Mike Ross (Hon)
- Online Tony (Set) 2-0 Ruin (Aku)
- Cameron (Ado) 0-2 Tokido (Aku)
- Zhi (Zan) 2-1 Viscant (DJ)
- 11:50 [Winners] Tokido (Aku) 1-2 Eric Hai (Ryu) *Tokido played carelessly and lost after a big lead in last round
- Air (Ryu) 2-0 Huang (Zan)
- 12:18 Kazunoko (Yun) 2-0 Onilord (Oni)
- Latif (Vip) 2-0 Onielsky (Bla)
- 12:30 Umehara (Ryu) 2-0 (2-1, 2-1) Woolie (Bla) *great first round ultra finish in 2nd game
- LI Joe (Sag) 2-0 VerticalStyle (Dic)
- Sherm (Yun) 1-2 Poongko (Set)
- CJ Truth (Fei) 2-0 Paramisery (Zan)
- Dakou (Ryu/Fei) 2-1 Mike Chow (Abe)
- James Chen (Cam) 2-0 shinryuken (Yun)
- Dakou (Ryu) 1-2 Kazunoko (Yun) *36700 viewers
- Latif (Vip) 2-0 sange_tencho (Fei)
- Dogura (Dic) 2-0 Vic the slik (Dic)
- 14:00 Umehara (Ryu) 2-0 (2-0, 2-0) DR-Ray (Fei) *37600 viewers
- Chilldog (Zan) 0-2 Alex Valle (Ryu)
- Ryan Hart (Sag/Ryu) 0-2 Filipino Man (Ros) *36700 viewers
- 14:32 ChocoBlanka (Bla) 2-0 (2-0, 2-0) MyLegBroke (Fei) *38300 viewers
- 14:41 Uryo (Sak) 2-0 (2-0, 2-0) Roogle (Ros) *a keyboard player *39000 viewers
- 14:47 sako (Ibu) 2-0 Joel (Fue) *39600 viewers
- 15:10 Deedogg (Gui/Box) 0-2 Kindevu (Set) *39500 viewers
- Haagendazs (Set) 0-2 Min (Hon) *37500 viewers
- 15:22 Eita (Aku) 1-2 ClakeyD (Ibu) *37600 viewers *Eita made some gesture after winning first game *perfect in last round
- 15:32 sako (Ibu) 2-0 Ismael (Ryu) *38000 viewers
- Adam (Haw) 0-1 Dieminion (Gui) *38700 viewers
- [Losers] DeeDogg (Box/Gui) 0-2 Xian (Gen) *39300 viewers
- Mr. Naps (E.Ryu) 2-0 Alfonso (Aku/Ken) *37300 viewers
- Luken (Ryu) 1-1 Buktooth (Ibu) *36300 viewers
- iPeru (Fue) 2-0 Dragonfist (Guy) *37100 viewers
- Mago (Fei) 2-0 Noah (Dic) *39000 viewers
- Infiltration (Aku) 2-0 Bahn (Ros) *41000 viewers
- 801Strider (Abe) 2-0 Vogel (Sag)
- 16:52 Haitani (Mak) 2-0 Ugly JoeCamel (Vip) *41700 viewers
- John Choi (Ryu) 2-0 Richard Nguyen (Ado)
- 17:02 Kokujin (Ryu) 2-1 OCR Mike D (Dic) *42800 viewers
- 17:12 Itabashi Zangief (Zan) 0-2 Snafoo (Dha) *41300 viewers
- Infiltration (Aku) 2-1 Chris (Ken) *41700 viewers
- iPeru (Fue) 2-0 Cesar de Alba (Ros) *41600 viewers
- Mr. Naps (E.Ryu) 2-1 Gordortz (Fue) *41300 viewers
18:56 [Winners] Justin Wong (Ruf) 1-1 (2-1, 1-2, 2-0) Kazunoko (Yun) *32000 viewers
19:07 [Winners] sako (Ibu) 1-2 (2-1, 1-2, 1-2) Kindevu (Cam) *perfect in 1st round by Kindevu
19:20 [Winners] Dieminion (Gui) 2-0 (2-1, 1-2, 2-0) Uryo (Vip) *39000 viewers
19:28 [Winners] Umehara (Ryu) 2-0 (2-0*, 2-0) Alex Smith (Abe/Juri) *perfect in 2nd round
19:33 [Winners] Evans (Fei) 1-2 (2-1, 0-2, 0-2) Poongko (Set) *42100 viewers
19:41 [Winners] Veloc1raptor (Gouken) 0-2 (0-2, 0-2) Fuudo (Fei) *41100 viewers
19:48 [Winners] Justin Wong (Ruf) 0-2 (1-2, 1-2) Hsien Chang (Yun) *42000 viewers *very close last round
19:57 [?] Mago (Fei) 0-2 (0-2, 0-2) Dieminion (Gui) *44600 viewers
20:04 [Winners] Chris G (Sak) 0-2 (1-2, 1-2) Poongko (Set) *45300 viewers
20:13 [Winners] John Choi (Ryu) 2-0 Mr. Naps *46000 viewers
20:20 [Losers] DRS Chris (Ken) 2-1 Chris G (Sak) *44500 viewers
20:29 [Losers] sako (Ibu) 2-1 (2-0, 0-1, 2-0) ClakeyD (Ibu) *perfect in last round
20:37  Infiltration (Aku) 2-0 iPeru (Fue)
20:42 [Winners] Hsien Chang (Yun) 0-2 (1-2, 1-2) Umehara (Ryu) *nice first round
20:51 [Winners] PR Rog (Box) 2-0 (2-1, 2-0) Fuudo (Fei) *perfect in 1st round of 2nd game
20:58 [Losers] sako (Ibu) 2-1 (2-0, 1-2, 2-0) Alex Valle (Ryu)
21:07 [Winners] Dogura (Dic) 0-2 (0-2, 0-2) Poongko (Set) *48000 viewers
21:13 [Losers] Justin Wong (Ruf) 2-0 (2-1, 2-1) MOV (Ken) *49600 viewers
21:23 [Losers] John Choi (Ryu) 0-2 Dogura (Dic) *48100 viewers
21:32 [Losers] Justin Wong (Ruf) 0-2 (0-2, 0-2) Fuudo (Fei) *48600 viewers
21:4X [Losers] Dogura 2-0 Mike Ross *50500 viewers
21:53 [Winners] Infiltration (Gouken) 2-0 (2-1, 2-1) Dieminion (Gui) *50100 viewers *double KO in 1st round of 2nd game
22:01 [Winners] GamerBee (Ado) 1-2 (1-2, 2-1, 0-2) Umehara (Ryu) *53400 viewers *Ultra finish in 2nd round of both first 2 games and both round of 3rd game
22:12 [Winners] Humanbomb (Sak) 2-1 (1-2, 2-0, 2-0) Poongko (Set)
22:20 [Winners] PR Rog (Box) 2-0 (2-1, 2-0) Xiao Hai (Cam)
22:30 [Losers] GamerBee (Ado) 2-0 (2-0, 2-0) Dogura (Dic)
22:38 [Losers] Dieminion (Gui) 2-0 (2-1, 2-1) Fuudo (Fei)
22:46 [Losers] Haitani (Mak) 1-2 (1-2, 2-0, 0-2) Xiaohai (Cam)
22:52 [Losers] Kindevu (Cam) 1-2 (0-2, 2-0, 0-2) Poongko (Set)
Top 8 (to play on Sunday)
[Winners] Infiltration (to play Umehara)
[Winners] Daigo Umehara
[Winners] Humanbomb (to play PR Rog)
[Winners] PR Rog
[Losers] GamerBee (to play Dieminion)
[Losers] Xiaohai (to play Poongko)
9:00 - Ricky Ortiz qualified the pool.
10:00 - Cabbage and MOV qualified the pool.
11:00 - Kokujin began his broadcasting but no sound. He used his own channel because GODSGARDEN stream is being used.
11:23 - Kokujin finally has sound.
11:30 - Kokujin was mad (and cussed) at Ren for using GODSGARDEN stream too long even it's not actually his fault (no one told him). Ren let Kokujin use it. Ren fans are mad at Kokujin.
11:30 - Bon-chan qualified the pool.
11:50 - Tokido went to Losers.
12:00 - Fuudo qualified the pool.
12:10 - KayoPolice is in C. Viper costume again this year.
12:30 - Umehara is using MadCatz limited Evo stick ($160).
12:40 - Momochi qualified.
12:45 - Brackets of SSF4AE2012 from Get Your Tournament guy [pic1][pic2] Tokido qualified the pool in Losers.
12:50 - Umehara & sako [pic]
15:45 - ChocoBlanka qualified the pool after 4th fight.
15:46 - Alex Valle qualified the pool.
15:50 - sako qualified the pool after 4th fight.
15:55 - Fuudo qualified the pool in Winners in SC5. (Kayane in Losers)
16:00 - kubo qualified the pool in Winners in KOF13.
16:03 - Eita is eliminated by Jason Cole.
16:27 - Kindevu qualified the pool in Winners. (Ryan Hart in Losers)
16:46 - KSK streaming
16:51 - KayoPolice is eliminated.
17:04 - Choco's next opponent is Dieminion.
17:37 - Haitani sent to Losers by Juice Box.
17:40 - Cabbage qualified KOF13 pool.
18:08 - Quarter final brackets from Alex Valle. [pic]
18:34 - Umehara defeated Latif.
18:34 - sako defeated his 5th opponent Min.
18:38 - Justin Wong has to play Kazunoko next.
18:43 - It seems like sako defeated his 6th opponent.
18:46 - Bon-chan defeated Wolfkrone.
18:50 - Snakeeyez beat Ricky Ortiz. Zeng beat Sabin.
18:53 - Dieminion beat ChocoBlanka.
19:01 - Uryo has to fight Mago.
19:05 - Umehara to play with Alex Smith.
19:07 - Bon-chan defeated a Ryu. Next is Humanbomb.
19:14 - MOV beat Momochi.
19:17 - Alex Valle lost to GamerBee.
19:39 - [Losers] F. Champ got disqualified in match against Ryan Hart.
19:43 - [Losers] Kazunoko beat Latif.
19:44 - Nyanshi lost to ClakeyD.
19:50 - Ricky Ortiz is eliminated.
19:59 - Kindevu to play GamerBee.
20:03 - Tokido vs. Mago offstream.
20:07 - Haitani eliminated Bon-chan.
20:20 - Finally the commentators are changed to UltraChen! GOD BLESS THE TRUE FGC.
20:44 - Latest brackets [link]
20:55 - [Losers] Justin Wong eliminated Kazunoko.
21:33 - Fuudo eliminated sako.
21:51 - Top 16 bracket. [pic]
XX-XX - Credits for the results go to Get Your Tournament guy, sako's wife, UltraDavid, all the reports from players.
XX:XX - Kazunoko won Guity Gear side tournament. (He's originally a Guilty Gear player.)
Top 8 again
In 2011, Daigo Umehara became the only player in history to enter Evolution top 8 Street Fighter IV tournament 3 consecutive years.
In 2012, today, Umehara nailed it by becoming the only player in history to enter Evolution top 8 Street Fighter IV tournament 4 consecutive years.
The match Daigo Umehara vs. GamerBee was so amazing "Daigo" became a worldwide trend on Twitter.
Making Zhi a commentator is a serious mistake. Not only the guy can't draw a line between kids in the chat and a decent commentator, he took advantge of it (as expected). Humming a song or talking off-topic on the stream of biggest FG tournament is bad enough. There was something that needs to be addressed.
He said something like "I wonder if I lost a passport in Japan, will there be some help like the case of Mago?" He talked like Japanese players are not generous like the American.
The truth behind this is he was the one who used to ask the Japanese FGC to let him stay in their house at least 2 occasions for free or minimum cost. Apparently not many people wanted to get involved.
FYI, KSK used to let backpacking American player SubZero sleep/stay at his game center long time ago. And Sako also let GamerBee stay at his house this year.
This's the same case with a certain foreign player living in Japan who is being given cold shoulder. Because the guy is a real troll trolling both in and outside the game.
Back to the topic, it was also Zhi last year at Evo 2011 who forced Momochi and ChocoBlanka to kiss, and forced Gama-san to shout Denpa Jikkyou meme, just for entertaining.
When Zhi was paired with skisonic today, it was a torture. Because they're good at going off-topic.
On the bright side, we have Juice Box and Magus. These two are good at play-by-play as we already mentioned. Magus improved a lot since NorCal 2 years ago. He has a weak point in JFGC stuff, but he was really smooth in everything else.