Today's morning issue of newspaper Asahi Shimbun has Daigo Umehara article on page 2 in People corner.
Summary of the article
- The headline is "The pro gamer that holds 3 Guinness world records in fighting games category."
- He has sponsorship deal with foreign game peripherals maker.
- His income is from tournament prize money and being presenter.
- He won world's biggest fighting games tournament many times, and holds 3 Guinness world records. People even call him God.
- He goes to game center since 10 am. everyday.
- He won national tournament at the age of 15.
- He became world champion at the age of 17.
- He used to quit gaming at the age of 23 and took nurse job.
- He released autobiography "Willpower to Keep Winning" this Spring.