Summary of the content
- There's something called "pro gamer," a job where one earns money by playing games.
- This's a story of game "God" Daigo Umehara (age 33) who is Japanese pro gaming pioneer.
- The former two consecutive world champion is viewed as superstar.
- Umehara specializes in fighting games, he's hailed as God.
- He's showed to do Metsu Hadoken in 0.3 seconds.
- Although he earns a lot of money, Umehara lives an ordinary life, traveling by foot, eating a 630 yen bowl of noodle for dinner.
- He spends less time eating noodle, which allows him to spend more time on gaming.
- He moved from Aomori to Tokyo since 8 years old. At first, friends made fun of his accent and he's alone at the school. He then turn to game center but was praised for gaming skills.
- It's tough to gain recognition in the past for gaming, even after winning international championship in America at age of 17. People might praise his achievement, but not what he actually did.
- Despite the result at Evo 2014, there's still long line for his autograph session.
Mirai Theater is a weekly (Friday night) variety TV show on Nippon TV station. Since it's broadcasted to all regions, the impact is big, Umehara and related keywords were trending in Japan.
4. Pro gamer
10. Corner of the screen (Gamen Hashi)