The 4th TOPANGA League stream and ticket links
TOPANGA League rules and format
How to buy ticket using credit card
How to buy ticket using PayPal
4th TOPANGA League Round 1 summary
4th TOPANGA League Round 2 summary
4th TOPANGA League Round 3 summary
4th TOPANGA League Round 4 summary
4th TOPANGA League Round 5 summary
4th TOPANGA League Round 6 summary
4th TOPANGA League Round 7 summary
November 23 - Round 8
- Momochi vs. Tokido
- Nemo vs. Kazunoko
- Tokido vs. Pugera
- Nemo vs. Bon-chan
- Momochi vs. Pugera
R (Guy player) and Mago
(Opening skit: Mago doing JoJo things)
- Mago made R laugh and forgot to announce match order at the beginning.
Momochi (Ken U2) 9-7 Tokido (Aku U2)
1-2 Momo comeback 2r *close 3r
2-1 *Tokido sacrificed all meters to chipwin 1r *convincing 3r
0-2 perfect 2r
0-2 Tokido almost perfect 1r
[dc] 0-2 Tokido comeback 1r
[dc] 2-0 Tokido dropped U2, cost 2r
- We can't really tell who played better. Both players also had high work rate.
Nemo (Rol U2) 3-7 Kazunoko (Yun U1)
1-2 *Kazu comeback 2r (raw Ultra)
0-2 *dominated 2r
0-2 *almost perfect 2r
0-2 *almost perfect 1r
- [Prematch interview] Nemo said "This match is a message to Combofiend."
- Rolento is poor against Yun, so it's Nemo's fault for not having a sub. He could have done better with half-baked Yang or Chun.
Tokido (Aku U2) 7-3 Pugera (Ibu U2)
2-0 *close 2r
2-1 *Pugera perfect 1r
1-2 *Pugera perfect 3r
2-1 *Pugera lost huge lead 2r
1-2 *close 2r
0-2 *almost perfect 2r
2-1 *Pugera's bad decision cost 2r *Tokido comeback 3r (very close)
Nemo (Rol U2) 6-8 Bon-chan (Sag U1)
2-0 very close 1r
2-1 close 1r
1-2 close 2r *Bon perfect 3r
2-0 mistakes cost bon 2r
2-0 perfect 2r
1-2 close 2r *very close 3r
[dc] 0-2 nemo's bad performance gave away 2r
[dc] 0-2 close 1r (Bon hit back hard with angrycharged TU FADC Ultra)
- Nemo did a good job putting Bon on defense at the beginning but then he played worse and ran out of idea, which gave Bon momentum.
- Not just this match, you could clearly see many times that Nemo didn't pay much attention to opponent. He should give himself time to think and read opponent during a round instead of just being reckless.
- Nemo should be more careful about using Red Focus already. It started to hurt him more in this tournament. (waste of meters)
Momochi (Ken) 5-7 Pugera (Ibu U2)
2-1 close 3r
2-0 close 1r
0-2 *very close 1r
0-2 close 1r
- Pugera landed many poke>U2 in this stage.
- Pugera has good footsie, can get in whenever he wants, doesn't rely on okizeme cross-up as main source of damage, has to deal with delayed wakeup. Is Pugera' Ibuki better than Sako's? Evidences say yes.
- Note that in this stage (and final stage), head-to-head result is more important than GD at the end. (read rules and formats above)