- He designed the protagonist of Umihara Kawase series (1994, Super Famicom).
- He was into Street Fighter II back then. He even bought a cabinet of SF2 Dash. It cost around 250,000 yen which was a lot of money to him.
- He used to play World Heroes and reached 3rd place in a tournament.
- He was a Ken player in Super Street Fighter IV who used to reach Asia 20th place on Xbox Live (ranking).
- The pace of Blade Arcus was intentional. The damage output is high just like 3D fighting games or old-school 2D fighting games. (Blade Arcus' default format is FT3 which is unusual for a 2D FG) This puts the pressure on the players.