- It is based on Shining RPG series (one of Sega's flagship RPG series, has successful line of merchandise).
- It uses 3D models to create 2D sprites. (By using this method: The sprites are 100% accurate in scale, in any angle, in every single frame.)
- [Official Statement] It is developed to be a footsie-based fighting game (called Sashiai (差し合い) game in Japanese). Same as Street Fighter.
- [Official Statement] The pace of the game is intentionally made so that players have time to think and react.
- [Official Statement] The damage output is intentionally made high, just like 3D fighting games or oldschool 2D fighting games. This puts the pressure on the players.
- Jump-in is generally punishable.
- It has "Roman Cancel" (cancel recovery frames into neutral).
- It has "Burst" (escape a combo during hitstun).
- It has (Marvel's) "Team Hyper Combo."
- It has moves that provide RPG-like buffs and debuffs.
- All characters can be played or used as an assist. You can switch between two characters you choose, but not during the fight.
- The partner character can provide three kinds of assist. Stronger assists cost more Support Gauges.
- It doesn't matter who you choose as the main character, you can secretly switch right after character select screen.
- Strategically, you can counterpick, or switch between character that is strong with/without meters.
- All characters are viable as they all can do good damage from a simple hitconfirm Super. From the same reason, it is easy to get into this game.
- It has "quick rise" after knockdown.
- You can attack opponent's partner and prevent him/her to use the assist.
- No killing by chip damage.
- No comeback mechanics.
- No air-blocking.
- No air-dashing.
- No Aerial Combo.
- No dizzy.
- No autocombo (one-button combo in P4U or DBFC).
- Default format of a game is first to three rounds.
- Unlockables allow you to make your character say different things for each special move or when winning a round.
- Its release date is November 5 (2014).
- "Fighting game of generation" - Beast Note
Characters (12 confirmed)
- Ryuga - Original character. An all-rounder with projectile, antiair, divekick.
- Pairon - Original character. An all-rounder with projectile, antiair, Hundred Kicks, Speed Down debuff.
- Rage - Protagonist of Shining Blade. A power/rushdown hybrid fighter with long reach.
- Sakuya - Popular character from Shining/Hearts/Blade/Ark. A highspeed defense breaker and a frame trapper.
- Xiaomei - From Shining Hearts. Fast melee fighter with Demon Flip, Raging Demon, Speed Up buff.
- Altina - From Shining Blade. Projectile specialist. A charge character.
- Roselinde - From Shining Blade. A hardhitting charge character with armored move and Attack Up buff.
- Melty - From Shining Hearts. Grappler with traps and projectile reflector.
- Fenrir - From Shining Blade. Melee fighter with meterless comboable rush attack with projectile invincibility.
- Isaac - From Shining Hearts. A playmaker with multihit poking tools.
- Rick - Protagonist of Shining Hearts. Coming Spring 2015. (video)
- To be announced - Coming Spring 2015.
How to Play
Lever movement = Same as average fighting games
Tap forward twice = Forward Step
Tap backward twice = Back Step
A = Light Attack
B = Medium Attack
C = Strong Attack
D = Support Link (calling assist)
Throw = A+B (or A+B plus left or right)
Throw Escape = A+B while being thrown
High Jump = quickly Down and Up
Flash Standing (quick rise) = A or B or C after knockdown
Support Link Gauge (max 4) = blue bar
- Both players start a game with 2 blue bars.
- Fills only when blocking or taking damage.
Force Gauge (max 3) = red bar
- The typical Super gauge.
This's what they call typical special move (Hadoken or Shoryuken). It doesn't cost Force Gauge.
EX Force Action
Cost 1 red bar.
This's what they call typical EX version of special move. Press B+C instead of standard button (like 236+BC).
Super Force Action
Cost 1 red bar.
This's what they call typical "Super."
Offensive Force (Roman Cancel)
Cost 1 red bar.
By pressing A+C while attacking, it returns you to neutral, allowing you to continue with another attack.
Cost 1 red bar.
By pressing Back and A+C while attacking, it returns you to neutral and back step, allowing you to make an unsafe move safe.
Support Link Attack
Press D and the timing will determine the type of assists. However, you can manually choose which one.
|Weak Support||while not attacking||1||D|
|Medium Support||while attacking with normals||2||D+B|
|Strong Support||while attacking with super||3||D+C|
(You need to try yourself who does what as a partner character.)
Support Interupt (Burst)
Cost 3 blue bars.
Press D while getting hit. The partner will jump out to help you.
Link Force Attack (Team Hyper Combo)
Cost 4 blue bars
Press D while the opponent is getting hit with your Super Force Action. The partner will jump out and follow with another Super Force Action. (You need to find a right combination so they can combo.)
First Attack & First Combination
Both first hit and first combo in a round will build extra meter to the player.
Blade Arcus tournaments
Blade Arcus Tuesday
- Characters are designed by Tony, one of the most famous illustrators.
- Melty and Rick appeared in Shining Hearts anime.
- It features Nana Mizuki (Sakuya's voice), Japan's highest-earning singer voice actress.
- Song "Brave Heart: Kagayaki no Kanata e" is played in the last round if both players are on match point.
- It has 8 stages of CPU. The last boss is the evil mode of your character.
- The game producer was into SF2.
- The game director was into SF2 and is a decent player in SSF4.
- Shining Hearts (PSP) is currently priced at 980 yen on PS Store (JP).
- Shining Blade (PSP) is currently priced at 1,500 yen on PS Store (JP).
- Shining Ark (PSP) is currently priced at 1,500 yen on PS Store (JP).
Beast Note has been following this game since it was announced. For more, please bookmark beastnote.blogspot.com/search/label/Blade%20Arcus.